Clues for the word "JUGULAR"
We've had 12 crossword clues used for this word, and seen it 14 times in crosswords. It was last seen in Evening Standard Easy crossword on January 01, 2018.
Definition of jugular
- a. - Of or pertaining to the throat or neck; as, the jugular vein.
- a. - Of or pertaining to the jugular vein; as, the jugular foramen.
- a. - Having the ventral fins beneath the throat; -- said of certain fishes.
- a. - One of the large veins which return the blood from the head to the heart through two chief trunks, an external and an internal, on each side of the neck; -- called also the jugular vein.
- a. - Any fish which has the ventral fins situated forward of the pectoral fins, or beneath the throat; one of a division of fishes (Jugulares).
Last Seen In
- Evening Standard Easy - January 01, 2018
- Daily Quick - November 23, 2017
- Daily Quick - September 27, 2017
- Evening Standard Easy - August 18, 2017
- Daily Quick - July 21, 2017
- LA Times - January 12, 2016
- Jonesin - December 22, 2015
- Netword - April 16, 2011
- Guardian Quick - September 09, 2008
- Guardian Quick - January 16, 2007
- Washington Post - October 11, 2003
- Guardian Quiptic - August 18, 2003
- Washington Post - February 18, 2002
- New York Times - October 20, 2000